Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jew_Concious: Boycott "Munich"

Boycott "Munich"
by EduPlanet Rectorate (daniEl I. Ginerman) - Tuesday, 20 December 2005, 10:22 PM
 
Boycott "Munich"
posted to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OhaveiEretzYisrael/
by "Sasha F."

Friends

I am bothered by what I have read about Spielberg's take on "Munich"
which, by all accounts, morally equates Israeli self-defense with the
criminal terrorism of the PLO. That is inexcusable.

I have read enough to make the decision not to pay to see the movie. I
hope you have come to the same decision.

If you would also be willing to write to Spielberg's Dreamworks to
protest, please address letters to Dreamworks CEO Roger Enrico
renrico@dreamworks.com, director David Geffen dgeffen@dreamworks.com,
and Field Marketing Director Mike Vollman mvollman@dreamworks.com, the
official Dreamworks contact person. I believe letters to them will be
made known to Spielberg. Or you can use the following contact info:

DreamWorks Studio 100 Universal City Plaza Bldg. 477 Universal City, CA
91608 Phone: (818) 733-7000 C/O Mr. Mike Vollman (Field Marketing
Director) Phone: (818) 733-6892 Fax #: (818) 733-6995

Note that the address sspielberg@dreamworks.com will not work but you
may want to include it anyway to show the others your intent is to
contact Spielberg.

Below is the letter I sent to Mr. Spielberg. Please feel free to copy it
and append your own name, or better still, write your own.

Thank you and best wishes. David.

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:09:35 -0800 (PST)
From: teach <teachntrain@yahoo.com>
Subject: The "Munich" Boycott
To: sspielberg@dreamworks.com, renrico@dreamworks.com,
dgeffen@dreamworks.com, mvollman@dreamworks.com

To Mr.Spielberg and Dreamworks:

I have admired your work as a director until now. However, what I have
read about "Munich" has disappointed me.

It is my understanding that instead of focusing on the brutality, evil,
and criminality of the Palestinian massacre of Israeli athletes,
"Munich" instead focuses on Israeli retaliation and equates it morally
with the violence it punished.

Terrorism is a crime against humanity. The retaliation was justified
self-defense. As one who has spent a good deal of the last ten years
chronicling the evil perpetrated against the Jewish people by the Nazis,
I would have thought that you would have the moral clarity to make the
distinction between crime and punishment.

By parallel, are we to understand that you consider the fight against
Nazi Germany to be the moral equivalent of what the Nazis did to the
Jewish people?

I am open to watching your "Munich" Mr. Spielberg. But I will not reward
you by buying a ticket.

Sincerely,




No comments: